Do you wish to study architecture course at a university? Then you need to find out the JAMB subject combination for architecture! In this article, you will find out what combination of subjects is needed to be admitted for the architecture course!
What is architecture?
Architecture is a method of technology in building connected with the design of construction. For today, it`s one of the greatest application of art and building. Therefore, you will need to study several categories of building engineering. If you need to apply for the Architecture and Building technology, then you need the follow JAMB subject combination for the architect:
If you want to be admitted as an aspirant. Then you are required to take the following subjects that are required for WAEC:
- Book Keeping;
- Computer Studies;
- Agricultural Sciences;
- English Language.
READ ALSO: UNIJOS cut off mark for medicine and surgery
Different universities may also require different JAMB subject combination in Nigeria! Let`s take a look at the most popular universalities, which provide architecture courses:
- Federal University of Technology Akure – Technical Drawing, Geography, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
- Obafemi Awolowo University – Building Construction, Fine Arts, Economics, Chemistry, and Physics.
- University of Lagos – Geography, Economics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
- Abia State University – Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Cross River State University of Technology – Government, Commerce, Accounting, Economics, and Mathematics.
- Caleb University – Technical Drawing, Fine Art, Chemistry, Biology, Geography, Economics, Physics, Mathematics and English Language.
- University of Nigeria Nsukka – Physics, Mathematics and English Language.
- Rivers State University – Building Construction, Fine Arts, Geography Economics, Technical Drawing, Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics.
- Federal University of Technology Owerri – Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics.
Therefore, the school requirements for the subject combination for architecture in JAMB. Nevertheless, when you try out the career of Architect – you will not like to change it! The main reason for that is the creative work. You don`t just build something, but create! This field of study attracts passionate and open-minded people.
The field of architecture is very dynamic. You can build your career very fast! Moreover, it`s a combination of office career and fieldwork. You will have unique relationships with the cities. You can make an impact on city and people around you. That`s the main reason to choose this profession. You will have a well-respected career if you choose to be an architect!
What is JAMB subject combination for architecture? It depends on the university, but the general requirements are Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English Language. Still, it`s necessary to check what a university need from you to get into the architecture courses.
READ ALSO: ESUT departmental cut off mark