3 best ways to load PHCN prepaid meter online in Nigeria
Every family has to pay electricity bill online or offline. Offline payment method can consume too much time. There will be no need to visit your bank office once you learn how to load PHCN prepaid meter online through PHCN official website. This is simple and fast.
Today, if you have a computer or mobile phone with a quick internet connection, you need to learn how to load your PHCN prepaid meter.
PHCN official website
You can use the official site PHCN (Power Holding Company of Nigeria) at http://www.phcnpins.com/ to load PHCN prepaid meter online or to pay electricity bill online.
The official website is not exactly user-friendly, because it is limited only to several companies for bill payments. It does not have any top menu with ‘How It Works’ guide for all new users.
The payment process can be divided into three quick stages:
- You choose your electricity supplier
- You provide your personal account/meter number details
- You complete the payment securely and fast
Using PHCN official website, you can only pay to Ibadan (IBEDC), Ikeja (IE) and Eko (EKEDC) distribution companies.
At the same time, users also wish to complete their PHCN prepaid meter online payment to EEDC, YOEDC, AEDC, JOS, Kaduna Electric, and other Nigerian companies.
What is Prepaid Meter? It is just a special device that you load with some credit and use it for your home consumes until it is exhausted. If you have such a Prepaid Meter, you will be charged only for the energy used.
Let us get into details and learn how to load PHCN prepaid meter online.
PHCN prepaid meter online payment
The first method is through PHCN official website, but as we have already mentioned above this method is only for services provided by Ibadan, Ikeja, and Eko companies.
- Step 1. Therefore, if you are using one of these firms, you should visit the site and click on the name of the distribution company to proceed.
- Step 2. Choose an online payment method.
- Step 3. You have to enter your Meter or Account number.
- Step 4. Type in your mobile phone number.
- Step 5. Enter your email address.
- Step 6. Type in the amount to pay in Naira.
- Step 7. Click on ‘Submit’ to complete your payment.
This instruction on how to load PHCN prepaid meter online is perfect for all PHCN distribution companies present in Nigeria.
- Step 1. You need to make payment through your bank’s, either online, on your phone or in the banking hall.
- Step 2. Choose PHCN and type in the information such as Meter number and how much you are paying.
- Step 3. Your bank may ask you to transaction with a pass code. If you receive a code for an online transaction, just type it in the correct field.
- Step 4. Anyways, you should confirm your transaction before it is completed successfully. Your bank will send you an email or SMS message with a confirmation.
- Step 5. The second message you will receive contains a pin numumber.
It is necessary since you wish to know how to load PHCN prepaid meter. Enter this meter pin, into the Prepaid Meter.
Pay through bank plus PHCN official website, but keep in mind that this option works for Ibadan, Ikeja and Eko company users at the moment.
- Step 1. Choose your supplier, but previously pay for your Meter through the online bank service and receive the PIN.
- Step 2. Enter your account number/Meter number.
- Step 3. Type in your mobile phone number.
- Step 4. Enter the PIN.
- Step 5. Click on ‘Complete’ and you will successfully pay for your electricity online.
Now you know how to load PHCN prepaid meter online, and you can easily make all the payments from the comfort of your home. This is fast, simple and convenient to do.